I’m sure you’ve heard this several times in the past few months but I’ll say it again.
Business as we know it has changed forever because of the global pandemic.
The pandemic hit us out of nowhere and suddenly:
- Businesses were forced to shut down with no warning
- People had to stay away from each other
- Restrictions on movements and gatherings
Majority of businesses were hit hard. Some harder than others.
But times of crisis = opportunities.
The only way your business will survive and thrive in a post COVID-19 business world is to make an impact with your marketing, especially with your Digital Marketing Strategy.
While many businesses have shut down, others have thrived; and those that thrived have done so because they leveraged the Internet.
There has been an increase in internet and social media usage. It’s how people stay in touch, work, shop, etc
Even if your ideal customers were not online before the pandemic, they definitely are now.
And so, having a strong digital approach to your marketing is crucial to your success. You can no longer afford to wing it or ignore it.
Now, the digital marketing landscape is constantly changing.
There is so much information about what you should be doing online for your business and it’s easy to get overwhelmed and not know exactly what to focus on.
In this article, I’m going to share with you 3 Things To Focus On To Grow Your Business Even In The Midst of A Pandemic.
And if you can grow your business in the worst of times, you can do so in the best of times.
You will learn:
- what you need to do to be constantly in front of your potential customers
- how to stay ahead of your competition by implementing cutting-edge strategies
- How to save time and effort so you don’t have to do everything yourself.
Let’s get started.
#1: Be Visible
One of the keys to growing your business is making sure that you are constantly in front of your potential customers, telling them about what you sell, whether they are ready to buy from you now or later.
Bottom line, you NEED to be VISIBLE.
The more visible you are in front of your ideal customers, the more customers and sales you’ll get.
Typically, when there’s a crisis and an economic downturn, businesses look to cut costs to survive. And one of the first things that gets cut is the Marketing Budget.
That is not always the right move.
When everybody is going left, you should go right.
But how do you keep an eye on your costs but still remain visible in the marketplace?
Answer: By running smart digital campaigns.
Tip: Focus at least 75% of your marketing budget on Digital, and utilise both the Google and Facebook platforms as advertising channels.
When you advertise on Google and Facebook, you can reach up to almost 90% of internet users.
The great thing about digital advertising is that you can maximize your marketing dollars and get more results for less cost, if you know what you’re doing.
So #1 Way to survive is to ensure you remain VISIBLE in the market.
#2: Learn Cutting-Edge Strategies
One of the things that will help you stay ahead of the competition is implementing cutting-edge strategies to get more leads and make more sales.
And the only way to do this is by investing in learning and educating yourself.
When it comes to Digital Marketing, there are a few core disciplines that you need to focus on learning and honing your skills.
Some of the key things you’ll want to learn advanced strategies for are:
- Paid Traffic – to know where and how to find your ideal customers.
- Customer Value Optimisation – to know how to increase the value of a customer to your business over time
- Social Media Mastery – to know what you should be posting on social media that will help you sell more
- Conversion Mastery – to know how to position your products and services in a way that turns potential customers into paying customers
- Email Marketing – to know how to build a relationship with these potential and paying customers
- Data & Analytics – to know what’s working and what’s not.
Chances are your competition isn’t putting any effort in learning and implementing advanced strategies to really and make an impact with their marketing.
This is where you will win. This is what will give you an edge.
So, #2 Way: Invest in marketing training for yourself and your employees.
Want to get certified by the same company that certifies employees of some of the biggest companies in the world (Uber, Duns & Bradstreet, The Economist, Hubspot)?
#3: Leverage Tools
There are so many things you have to do to ensure you have and maintain a great online presence like:
- ensuring you have a website that is optimised to make you money
- being visible on social media
- making sure you show up when your company or products and services are being searched for
- interacting with customers and getting feedback
- Optimising your advertising so you only spend on what’s working
This is a lot to do and keep up with on a daily basis.
But it doesn’t have to be that way. Instead, you should leverage tools to get the job done.
You know the saying “…there’s an app for that”? The same applies for digital marketing tools.
For almost every task you need to do, there’s most likely a tool for that somewhere.
Now, there’s no app that would do the strategic thinking for you which is why you need to learn those strategies yourself or hire someone who can do that for you.
But, if you have the strategy and you’re focused on the tasks you need to implement that strategy, then there are tools that will work for you, save you time and make your life easier.
In summary, the 3 Things To Focus On To Grow Your Business Even In The Midst of A Pandemic are:
#1 – Be visible
#2 – Invest in learning cutting-edge strategies
#3 – Leverage tools
If you focus on just these 3 things, you will make an impact with your marketing and get more leads and sales.